Thanks to all the parents/guardians who joined us at the Music Department Parent Meeting on 8/22/2017. Below is a recap and Mr. Brown's PowerPoint presentation for those who missed the meeting.
Music Department Travel Opportunity:
Travel opportunities for Spring 2018 are currently being explored for students in the Music Department at North Springs. Look for more information in the coming weeks and months.
- Performance trip: Workshop at Disney World, Orlando, FL
- Arts & cultural trip to Chicago, IL
- Arts & cultural trip to Washington D.C.
- Advanced band - 6th period
- Intermediate band - 7th period
- Lab fee of $25 – this covers materials like method books, sheet music, and instruments.
- October 24, 2017 – Fall Band and Orchestra Concert (Advanced Band only)
- December 12, 2017 – Winter Band Concert (Advanced and Intermediate Bands)
- May 10, 2018 – Spring Band Concert (Advanced and Intermediate Bands)
Concert Band uniform:
- All Black
- Black dress slacks/black dress shirt for guys
- Black concert gown for girls (girls who wish to wear black slacks and a black blouse should request permission from Mr. Brown)
- Black dress shoes / black socks
- NO Denim
- NO Athletic Wear
Extra Help & Practice Sessions:
- 7:30 AM with a pass (students just need to request a pass from Mr. Brown)
- After school by appointment.
Georgia Music Educators Association - Large Group Performance Evaluation
- Between March 3-8, 2018 at Johns Creek High School (specific date & time to be announced later in the year)
- This is Band’s EOCT (end of course test)
- It is an adjudicated performance
- Everyone in the band must attend!
GMEA and District Opportunities:
- All State
- Jazz All-State
- Solo and Ensemble
- Fulton County Honor Band
- Marching Band is an extracurricular activity
- Practices on Monday & Wednesday 4 PM - 6 PM
- $200 Fee to participate which includes dinner on game day (except when there is no school on game day- Sept 1 & Oct 6)
- Parents are asked to pick up ON TIME after games and practices
- Marching band uniforms are provided but students need their own marching shoes
- Mr. Brown recommends Dinkles Glide black marching shoes ($25.95 on Amazon)
- We need parent volunteers to chaperone the games & help with special events like Senior Night & our End-Of-Year Band Banquet. Email Renee Hasterok (email@example.com) for more info on volunteering!
Fulton County Marching Exhibition:
- Saturday, September 23, 2017
- Cambridge High School, Alpharetta
- Band website: www.NorthSpringsBand.org
- Charms: https://www.charmsoffice.com
- Sign up to volunteer
- Give us your contact info
- Find forms, letters, etc
Mr. Brown’s email: BrownM4@fultonschools.org
- Co-chair: Renee Hasterok firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-chair: Stacy Sinatra email@example.com
- Treasurer: Sharon Gilbert firstname.lastname@example.org