- Guys - Black tux pants and jacket with a black, mandarin collar shirt and black dress shoes. We do not wear bow ties or cummerbunds. We use Tuxedo Wearhouse, but you are certainly welcome to use anyone you choose. Tuxedo Wearhouse gives us a great deal, and they will take trade-ins for $50 in credit if a student outgrows his tux.
- Ladies - Floor-length concert gown in black. We have a dress company that we use. The dresses are $70.
- We are waiting on approval from the county
- Once we are approved we will take the first 50 students and chaperones that sign up and pay the deposit
- After 50 people are signed up we will make a waiting list of students. If the waiting list reaches 40 then we will add those students to the trip as well.
- Sign ups should happen around the middle of September
- Total trip cost will be between $800 and $850
Concerts and Activities
- We would love to see every parent at the band, orchestra, and chorus concerts.
- Parents, please be on time to pick up your child after events. For every rehearsal, performance, etc, we usually have one or two students who are waiting at the school for 30 minutes or more after dismissal. Directors will not leave until every student is off campus. However, we are not babysitters.
- Concerts for the advanced and intermediate bands are required events and are graded. This is Fulton County Schools Policy.
- $25 for non-marching members of advanced and intermediate band
- $200 for students in both the marching band and a band class (advanced or intermediate)
Marching Band Meal Plan
- $70 by August 22 gets you a meal for every home and away game and for the Fulton County Marching Exhibition
- $5 gets you a meal for that week only
Chaperones and Volunteers
- We need chaperones for home and away games
- You can sign up to chaperone on the Charms Website. Just click on the event for which you would like to work and sign up by clicking on the hand symbol.
- North Springs requires at least 10 hours of volunteer service from parents. Band volunteer hours do count toward that requirement. You can track your hours on the North Springs website.
- To volunteer in any capacity at any Fulton County School please visit the county's volunteer website and follow the steps for registration.
We discussed the following important events:
- Marching Exhibition - 9/20
- Sandy Springs Festival - 9/21
- Fall Concert - 10/9
- Senior Night - 11/7
- Middle School Night - 11/7
- Winter Concert - 12/9
- Spring Concert - 5/12
- Banquet - 5/15
- We gave out the links to our Twitter handle and the band Facebook page. These are both linked at the top of this site.
Band Website, Charms Office, and SmartMusic
- If you're here then you know about the website...
- Charms Office is linked in the menu at the top of this page. We use it for communication, inventory, calendar, and student/parent contact info. If you are registered you can log in with the last six digits of the North Springs student ID. If you are not registered please visit this link and click on new student. You can then enter your user information. Use the last 6 digits of the North Springs student ID for the Charms student ID.
- There is a flyer about SmartMusic posted as a news item on this site. We will be using SmartMusic throughout the year. I encourage every student to have a subscription. For students who cannot afford the subscription, we will have SmartMusic computers set up in the band, orchestra, and chorus rooms for students to use for free.